View Single Post

Old 12-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.04 MB
Thanks Dhanners and Kurt. Excuse my late feedback, I was really busy lately and did little progress in building and... even less in posting!

Your guess, Dhanners, about the bar as a camera mount seems to me very likely.
Anyway, whatever its use is, now it's done...

And now let's go on with some update an my build.

The first thing I want to show you is the fire extinguisher.
The first prototype was printed on matt paper. Looking at it I realized that a fire extinguisher is usually painted in glossy red so I printed it on photographic paper and now it looks much better. In the photo you can see the first prototype, on the left, and the final extinguisher on the right.

The next task was to complete commander's and pilot's seats. I already built one seat calling it "final version" but, as you know, nothing is final till the real end of a work, so I studied well my PROTOTYPE (as I decided to rename it) and, with a little help from my friends (thanks Nando!) I enhanced the original model in many parts.

First of all I added some raised details in the rear section.
Then I added all velcro patches, some other raised details here and there, and added a box in the upper rear section of the backrest.
Then I corrected the lateral bars that was too short and forced backrest in a wrong forward-shifted position. I decided to cut away all elements (bars and metal plaques) to enhance 3D looking.

Finally I added many details to the seat belts (buckles and locking mechanism) to enhance their "solid" feeling.

Now the seats are really "final version" ... (I think! )
Attached Thumbnails
1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08508.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08509.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08512.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08513.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08562.jpg  

1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08564.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08563.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08575.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-img_20171208_183546.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08576.jpg  

1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08577.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08578.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08579.jpg