And the progress of the build:
I've finished the horizontal tail (well, without wires yet)
I've built my last aeroplane more than 20 years ago, so this model is in a way an experiment, where I'm testing new modelling techniques. It started with the scoring, then came the multifaceted ribs, rounded cowl, and now came time for fabric surfaces sunken between ribs of the wing.
First of course I had to score the ribs themselves. I marked the ends of lines simply by pressing the empty ballpen. Then, on the soft underside of a mouse pad, the places between the markings were pressed in, using a suitable rounded tool (a cigar etui). Afterwards I turned the part around and pressed the lines again, this time using the rounded end of a painting brush - this allowed the wing to take a proper shape. The ends of the wings were rounded with addition of BCG glue which softened the paper and allowed to make deeper impressions - so I didn't have to make the small cuts provided there.
The current state of the model: