View Single Post

Old 12-19-2017, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
The remaining components of parts 2, part 3 and the first of part 4 have been installed.

The only issue I had was with the idler wheel tensioner rod assemblies. The rod came out ok, but the fit of what I guess to be a spring and its cover was vague. I installed the rod before I fabricated the spring and then realized the rod is supposed to go through the spring. I decided to cut a groove in each spring to fit over each rod, which seems to be a better course of action since nothing would have lined up as well, if I had built it according to the single diagram provided.

No issues with part 3.

The inner walls and floor of part 4 was printed as all one piece. I did dry fit it in place and found it fit well. However, when I went to glue it down, I cut the sides free and installed as three separate pieces for better control.

One odd thing I had read elsewhere and confirmed here concerns a "rivet counting" issue. The access covers on the bottom of the hull have corresponding markings on the inner floor. Except instead of being mirror imaged so they match up, the cover patterns are printed identically and don't after they are installed.

Also the side skins are looking more and more like they will need to be trimmed to match the formers. I'll deal with this as I go so I don't trim off more than I need.

greg
Attached Thumbnails
Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171218_200941275.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171218_200956952.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171218_201008715.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171218_213002631.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171218_213006482.jpg