View Single Post

Old 12-20-2017, 06:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Outside skin around cockpit section

Thanks again guys, your kind comment is well appreciated!

@ Ricardo and eatcrow2: Yes, the entrance is at the bottom, via the gondola. More about the cut-out will follow in due time .

The outside skins are part no’s 1b and 4. 1b has to be fitted all around the central fuselage section, starting from the top and is just a little too tight, a tiny gap of less than 0.5mm remained, no matter what I tried to close it. I glued a very narrow strip of paper in the gap and now it’s hardly visible anymore. See the second and third picture.

Similar to the inside skin, the most important thing is to always ensure correct alignment of both ends when gluing the outside skin. It works best to apply glue in stages, to start with at the top side. Take your time.

I didn’t take pictures of the gluing progress, simply was too concentrated on getting the job done.

Then I glued the cockpit to the center fuselage section. Make sure that both inside lining parts join together smoothly. The front edge of the inside cockpit skin suggests that you have to make cut-ins here, which I did, but this isn’t really necessary; the joint is flat all around.

The skin around the cockpit section (part no. 4) is also very tight but fits well around the shape of the cockpit. Apply the same gluing technique as for part 1.

The white area marked WPS has to be cut out after drying, this will be the access opening for the crew to enter the cockpit.

Note there is a slight misalignment of colors at the left wing leading edge (last picture), which I also noticed in Wilfried’s pictures but I guess this will eventually be hidden by the wing.

That's it for now,

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6732.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6736.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6749.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6733.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6734.jpg  

Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6737.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_6735.jpg