View Single Post

Old 12-22-2017, 09:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the compliments and am open for suggestions on improvements to the model or my skills.

Finished installing Part 4 components.

The torsion bars are provided on thinner sheet to roll into 2 mm rods. I tried rolling one and got it close to that, but the paper was still just a touch heavy. So I wrapped a layer of the color around suitably sized plastic rod to spare my fingers and reduce build time.

The torsion bar anchors (the semi circular parts) are supposed to fit into the cutouts on each side wall mounting plate. The cutouts are not large enough. Luckily, there are marks on the anchor that indicate how far they should be inserted. I just shortened them there and mounted them flush against the plates.

The triangular braces on each side had some interesting twists. First, the raised platform is part 6 and needs to be installed before the braces (4f and h). Part 6 is not stiff enough, even after lamination to keep from bowing. To stiffen I added a section of popsicle stick to the underside at the rear for added strength.

Also the second from front brace needed some trimming to add a notch to the bottom to improve fit.

As you can read above, strictly going by part number on this build causes trouble. The polish directions do indicate deviations from part number sequence that can be figured out without translation with a little bit of thought. I think my trials with the Maz/scud model have helped me be better prepared for these types of issues.

greg
Attached Thumbnails
Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171221_214313740.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171221_214321328.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20171221_214328216.jpg