View Single Post

Old 01-03-2018, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Build of the StuG continues and I have completed up through Parts 24 with a few other parts called out at this time which are out of numerical sequence but would be difficult if not impossible to install later on.

Looking at picture number one you can see a large interference issue between the transmission assembly and what looks like the brake assembly on the driver's side. Luckily I had not glued anything in at this stage other than the brake cylinders, so surgery was easily performed on the brake shield assembly to cut it down for proper fit.

As far as diagrams and build sequence, I had to look at the sister kit to this one, the panzer III kit that GPM also published. It is the earlier kit and some of the parts carry different numbering that helped me figure out what really goes where. Also, I am finding the laser cut parts pack for the Stug to be missing a few pieces and I am having to break out my Bristol and 1mm card stock for lamination purposes.

So this one is starting to approach the skill level three rating that it has on the cover. Certainly not one to cut your tank building teeth on for sure.

greg
Attached Thumbnails
Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180102_205358473.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180102_210544147.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180102_210945744.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180102_210953296.jpg