View Single Post

Old 01-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.53 MB
Variometro

Happy New Year PMs

Having completed the Variometro graphics, I decided to complete the glass face. This face will be the same for 2 other gauges on this panel and hence they will me made the same way with one difference. I am now using old CD cases for the glass. Simply put. I cut the glass from old cd cases using a drill and scalpel.

The glass or clear plastic as it is is sandwiched between the paper rings:

When painted and placed on the gauge face:

Ive done some work on the upper panel and drilled out the screw and rivet holes. The tiny rivets are for the chrome plates. The rivets are decorative split pins from Hobby Craft.

Panel assembled with the Sonia clock, chrome plates and a few gauges ( Currently, I've only made one glass face but as they are the same size it fits all 3 holes):

Im looking at painting the panel next (with wrinkle spray paint).

Catch you soon, enjoy.....
Attached Thumbnails
Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-variometro-12.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-variometro-13.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-variometro-14.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-other-gauges.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-plates.jpg  

Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-6-variometro.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-panel-2.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-panel-1.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-panel-3.jpg  
Tertius Primus Erit