View Single Post

Old 01-12-2018, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool Wings on

The wings will have the gear bay cut out of the lower surface. Here is also where you can shape the belly portion.
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6242.jpg

Gear bay is now glued in place on the lower wing inner surface
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6243.jpgKfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6244.jpg

add a stiffening card triangle with cut out for the bays.
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6245.jpg

The wing surfaces are now glued at the trailing edge. Don't forget to round the leading edge down.
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6246.jpgKfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6247.jpg

The wings are slipped over the frame and close to the fuselage.
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6252.jpgKfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6253.jpg

as a note: this is the preferred method to use. In my Mirage build, I tried a a method that glues the lower wing surface to the fuselage first and then fold over and glue over the frame.

wings are dry fitted multiple times, adjusted and then glued in place.
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6254.jpg

add the wing root fillets. Note that the right fillet has a fairing for a transfer tube externally ( always fascinated by after the fact engineering ).
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6255.jpgKfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2-img_6256.jpg

Isaac