View Single Post

Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)

Actually I started this plane like 6 years ago. It was a prize I got after winning
in a paper model category in a WWI contest at Swanny's forum back in 2011.

But I abandoned it almost immediately because I realized it was far beyond my skills back then.

I recently went through my unfinished projects, and found I still had this nice little kit.

Some parts had been laminated...

And the truss had been started...

There were several trials, with varying degrees of failure and utter failure:

But since virtually all the other parts were there, and my skills have improved since then I decided
to reconstruct the truss of the fuselage. However, my attempts using cardstock failed again.

So I decided to use some pre-paper I had at hand:

I have an idea on how to make the rigging. Hopefully it will look much better now.

But it will take me some time. In the mean time, I hope to finish the cockpit before the
fuselage can be closed in the following days or weeks:

I'll try to keep this build as simple as possible. No fancy things here, just to enjoy it.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)-bleriot_01.jpg   Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)-bleriot_02.jpg   Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)-bleriot_03.jpg   Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)-bleriot_04.jpg   Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)-bleriot_05.jpg  

Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)-bleriot_06.jpg   Bleriot XI (GPM - 1:33)-bleriot_08.jpg