View Single Post

Old 01-13-2018, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, John Wagenseil. Some time ago, I built the Toy Steam Engine seen in your first link above. Attached find a few photographs of this interesting Spanish paper model. You mentioned that the Toy Steam Engine, or as the name says on its base, Maquina de Vapor Horizontal, was a, "...nice static display model..." Surprisingly, this paper model was designed to run. The model included parts for a turbine that was to be driven by all things, sand. The paper turbine would be attached to the flywheel and sand would be poured into the funnel and down the smokestack to power the thing. That's the turbine and funnel seen in one of the photos.

I didn't install the turbine, but I did get the flywheel to freewheel and the linkage to the piston to work. All in all an interesting model to build.

Thanks John, for the above link and all the interesting links you find showing us the vintage paper models from our past.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine-img_4267-copy.jpg   Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine-img_4305.jpg   Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine-img_4309.jpg