View Single Post

Old 01-13-2018, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileer View Post
Dave, this is one heck of fine project! I build (not design) models in 1/100 and when the wheel discussion (2D vs 3D) came up, I just had to add my 2 cents. I like 3D wheels on all my vehicles. If the kit does not have 3D, I find a hole punch as close as possible to the wheel size and punch a stack of holes in 110# card (to the thickness I need). I then press the stack to flatten the edges evenly; hold it with tweezers; apply a liberal amount of thin penetrating CA; then carefully transfer the stack to a piece of pre-positioned wax paper and let it harden overnight. OK, I know it is over-fiddly, but it does work.
Understood.
I am still planning on doing a 3D wheel chassis option and a simple chassis option for all the 1/100 vehicles.
The 1/100 Tugs for example, have both styles of chassis.
I plan to include a 1/100 version and 1/144 of every model.
But for the smaller scale I will only include a simple chassis (2D incorporated wheels).

For anything smaller than 1/100, you can always print the more complicated models at a reduced size.
So, if you want a 1/300 with 3D wheels...go for it.

Anything that has very small wheels like the Baggage Trailers, isn't going to get full 3D wheels , no matter what the scale.

------------------------------------------------------
sort of update...

I've really stalled on this project.

Last thing I completed was the Fire/Rescue...
still got to sort out the boom and sprayer or other attachement.

I don't know.
Its has me stumped at the moment.
I keep opening the file, looking at the boom and drawing a blank for some reason.
What I have created, hasn't worked.
Its the simplest thing really, but for some weird reason it has caused a block that I can't get past.

To be honest, I think my mind is just elsewhere.
With other things like the Koolwheelz models, and other things in life.

I don't to want to rush it, or burn out over it...so I'm just gonna leave it alone.
One day I'll get an inspiration or a new idea, and I'll go back to it.

Sorry I don't have more positive things to report.
On a more positive note, I have three new Koolwheelz models in the works! lol