View Single Post

Old 01-19-2018, 05:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
TINY BUNRATTY

I just finished the Bunratty models which included a beautiful large model of Bunratty Castle and three colorful smaller models. The castle was built in 1425 and was a stronghold of the Kings of Thomond. There is a lot of interesting information on the Internet about Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. They host a banquet every night. The other three buildings are – Mac's Pub, the Schoolhouse, the Hazelwood house built in 1898.

As with the other two tiny Ireland kits, the colors are lovely and accurately depict the colorful structures in the various Irish cities represented. The designer and artist,Anke Eckardt of West Cork, is extremely talenteded in capturing the beauty of these buildings. While most of the buildings do not contain many parts, the Bunratty castle had a number of well-made parts. While the models do not have the tiny and tedious parts like that of Wawel castle which I'm still working on and occasionally say words that a man of the cloth shouldn't say, the tiny Ireland models make me smile when I look at them. I am looking forward to the next one tomorrow. I intend to make them all and before we go to Ireland several months from now. Please come back and look at this thread often.
Attached Thumbnails
Tiny Ireland models-dsc09263.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09265.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09266.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09267.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09268.jpg  

Tiny Ireland models-dsc09269.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09270.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09271.jpg   Tiny Ireland models-dsc09272.jpg