View Single Post

Old 01-23-2018, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Thank you everyone for checking in and encouragement. Even though it’s an easy model I still have some anxiety and need to take it slow.
The basic capsule body is completed. Tricky work around the front. The insets are are small and the strip on the capsule body at the front is extremely thin and delicate. Not bad though.
Have run into two issues, one of my own making. I installed the connectors for the come and the reaction control thrusters on the wrong pieces. Luckily I discovered it before the glue set up. I’ve removed them and will correct. Funny, at that point I was trying to follow the instructions as written and illustrated . Shouldn’t be too hard to fix.
The second problem I ran into previously while building another of the DS7 Studios Gemini capsules. The RCS does not seem to fit properly to the body of the capsule. I dried fit and measured a couple of times but think it will be a rough spot on the finished model. We’ll see. This IS my first model in a while but it is the same problem area I had on a previous Gemini capsule.
Overall though I am happy just to be building something again. Before I started this one I had printed out the Fiddlers Green Burgess-Dunne mono-wing plane and would like to tackle that next. It has always fascinated me even before FG issued their model. Very interesting plane wth apparently good, stable flight characteristics.
Well, back on to the Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle.

How do I turn off auto-spell/correct in my iPad. It makes so many changes as. I go along and don’t realize until after I post. Then I have to go back and proof/fix a bunch of things. Grrrr.

JoeG
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-e8f5dd0c-3aea-4900-bf1d-0dc423c4c996.jpg   Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-14f393cb-c205-4c41-bc21-30ff71b355bf.jpg