View Single Post

Old 01-26-2018, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
The saga continues. The StuG now has fenders and some more bodywork installed. Some trimming of various pieces was required to get acceptable fit, but decent results are possible. One item of note concerns the photoetched fender hinge detail. The spacing between the hinges was not big enough to allow easy meshing. I got them to look passable , but they were fiddly and still do not look perfect when viewed up close.

The pictures show before and after touch up painting. If I have not indicated before, I'm using Testors Acryl Panzer Gray and it is a decent match.

While no pictures yet, I have been working on the fender mounted components and tools. This has been a bit frustrating as the locations called out in the drawings do not necessarily allow for a clean installation of them all, a look online at photos of other examples show a few missing brackets and better representation of the actual shape of some of these tools. More on this in the next installment.

greg
Attached Thumbnails
Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180121_180418108.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180121_182748340.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180121_180428141.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180121_182759621.jpg