View Single Post

Old 01-27-2018, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
OK, here’s the second attempt at the Orange Rescue body.
In the first picture, you can see I’ve mounted the paper to a s.ofnt.y heavier sheet. Came out nice and smooth
In the second picture, while hard to see you can see the tabs I added to each side so I can attach the capsule and the rear engine bulkhead.
In the third photo you can...oh wait, there is no third photo. That’s because all the careful work work up to this point on the orange Rescue body just completely didn’t work out and ended up in the trash.
Dissapointed and defeated at this point. i’ve done this many times, why isn’t It working out now? I used all my knowledge and tricks and it just went to crap.
Am printing out the third set of these pieces now but am going to take a break and really think about what/how to do it.
The paper is not heavy and the diameter is about 7 inches so there’s plenty to work with-it’s not like I’m trying to roll smaller tubes that can be difficult.
I’m certainly no master builder like so many here, but I have 4 models that really taxed my skills and frankly I think look great. What the heck has happened?
I’ll try again early next week after I’ve "come down" from my frustration.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-799072a4-17bc-4fd2-bc7f-a62d6fda10f3.jpg   Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-2af16d25-280d-4729-a69b-d3498843f63d.jpg