View Single Post

Old 01-27-2018, 11:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
There've been models I had to take a break from, so I know where you're coming from....

One question -- Why are you laminating the orange piece to a heavier sheet? I've never found rolling laminated pieces to work. When you roll it into a cylinder, the papers need to be different sizes (the inner sheet's diameter is less than the outer sheet) but they can't move because they are laminated.

Also, I'd recommend that the only tab you attach before rolling is the piece that joins the two edges that make the cylinder. Once you've got the cylinder made, you can glue in the other attachment strips. I'd also glue a circular former (from something like cereal-box cardboard into each end of the cylinder to keep it round. Between that and shaping the skin (what do you use to pre-roll the piece?) I find I can get a decent cylinder.

Keep at it. You'll get it.

Exactly... I think the laminating is the problem... If you want to beef it up, cut another thicker card pattern and roll it separately and fit it INSIDE the cone AFTER the "outer skin" is done...

Later! OL J R: )
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-lukeskywalkerlike.jpg