View Single Post

Old 01-29-2018, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Thanks Peter and everyone else giving good thoughts and encouragement!

Lets talk about part numbers and pioneer tools.

First a word about part numbers: for this build I have given up strictly following part numbers as a build sequence. I have decided they are merely suggestions. Case in point being the pioneer tools and other fender mounted stuff.

All this "stuff" is in the 60 something part number range. But some later parts need to be installed first to allow for correct placement and avoid access issues later on. The rear intake assemblies and the side external peep hole part numbers are somewhere in the 100 range and need to be installed before the tools.

Next a word on the pioneer tools: There are a crap ton of them. Many I have no idea what they are for. The build diagrams and placement suggestions are poor or non existent for some of them. So on to the internet I went.

As you can see from the pictures below, I ended up using quite a bit of wire and plastic rod stock to fabricate many of the tools instead of using the poorly represented paper parts or rolling long thin tubes. Thankfully there were some nice brass parts on the photoetch frets to help things along.
Then, after perusing the internet, I located the tools according to the most common locations I found. The shovel, I noticed is actually mounted on an elevated bracket which is not included in the kit, so I cobbled something together.

Anyway, here are the results. The first picture is an early placement idea with some of the original paper tools.

greg
Attached Thumbnails
Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180126_190059487.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180128_171410894.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180128_181145033.jpg   Famo, trailer and stug III - long term project-img_20180128_181200651.jpg