View Single Post

Old 01-29-2018, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.53 MB
Hello PMs

Over the last few days Ive been completing the Sbandametro cockpit gauge for the Macchi. I would call it a role and bank rate indicator.

The original looks like this:

I made a desk design of the layout using serif free software and printed the gauge face on standard paper. This was glued using pritstick to cornflake card and then cut out into shape.

I used clear plastic from packaging, cutting it into the same shape and melting it into the cut out using my wifes hair dryer!!!

I made a needle from cornflake card (painting it with black and luminous paint) and I made the spirit ball out of a wooden ball I found in an old tin (painted black). The numbers are painted in luminous pint as is the back of the seen through the plastic. It looks impressive in the dark.

The completed gauge when fitted to the panel looks realistic enough:

See the insert below for the full set of build pics.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-sband.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-2-.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-b.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-c.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-d.jpg  

Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-e.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-f.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-g.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-h.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-i.jpg  

Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-j.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-k.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-l.jpg  
Tertius Primus Erit