View Single Post

Old 01-30-2018, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi all back again

Thanks Gary and yes this is going to be a bit big
The tail fin in the photo is 12cm on it's own!!

Well got a bit more done tonight, as I said in the last post some of the tail section was not in line as it should be. I ripped it off and corrected the mistakes as the photo shows. I had to do this on this model or the rest of the test builds on it would have also been out.

The first photo shows the corrected body section with the static designed tail fin attached. It has not been glued into position yet until I finish the work on the rudder section for this fin.
Second photo shows the movable surface port fin under construction, the white spar inside the fin has yet to be glued into position. All the surfaces on this will work when finished.

The third photo just shows all the bits I have worked on tonight together

If you look at the photo's you will see the fins are of a darker tone than the rest of the model.
Well I use an inkjet printer and as we all know the ink runs, smudges and gives a bit of a problem with glue
The fist bits I didn't treat with anything at all, but I have been printing off the sheets for the second model I mentioned. After printing them off I found I had no fix it spray left. Me being me and can't wait I had a think of what I could use and found the can in the fourth photo.
Car Plan Clear Lacquer, I have a lot of it.
I took a sheet of the model I had printed in error and tested the stuff, hay presto it worked great. I gave it three quick coats, left it to dry for an hour.
To my surprise, it did not crack when bent, no bloom when sprayed, ink did not run and best of all I ran a paste brush across, left the glue to dry and it just peeled off leaving no mark. It also penetrated through the sheet and the parts seem to cut out cleaner as well.

I don't know if any of you have ever tried this stuff, but it seems to work very well?

Well enough rambling from me

Take care
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180131_011131.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180131_011107.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180131_011100.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180130_203413.jpg