View Single Post

Old 01-31-2018, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi All

Mike don't think about it mate, just do it.
Doing this the hard way is teaching me a few things for sure and been a massive amount of fun.
I started this on a roll of wall lining paper, with just set squares, rulers and pencils. I had the Lancaster specs and line drawings pined to the wall. every time I thought of something I'd nip to the table and have a play with it.
(Here I must say I own my own business, buying and renovating houses for rent or sale) the boss never shouted at me for the loss of time
When I finished a building I could just roll it up and take it with me.

Here is the state of play for tonight.
The first photo shows the standard static tail fin with its rudder attached (no moving parts)
The second shows the starboard tail fin with moving flap and trim tab.
It has a length of 1.5mm wire running through it to hold it in place. The tab has a three small bits of fine wire mess embedded in the tab and glued to the flap.
The third shows the two side by side as a comparison, I'm working on the port rudder now to make movable as well.

As an idea as to size of this thing, the span on the tail is 31cm and the length of the body that has been built so far is 42cm long, it's big
The last photo is just a general shot across the span of the tail so far

Well take care all, off to have a nose around the other threads

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180131_210418.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180131_210427.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180131_210641.jpg   Avro Lancaster 1/33-20180131_210511.jpg