View Single Post

Old 02-06-2018, 07:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
I finally printed out the fifth fuel line fairing that goes on the bottom end of the second stage (there are only four on the printout sheets). I also did a little surgery to flatten out the first stage dome a couple of millimeters so that the second stage properly stacks. As I mentioned on Algebraist's build, did some reprinting in order to get a proper fitting second-to-third interstage. Some of the warts, i.e. wrinkles, really showing on the second stage in these pics. Oh well. Standing at 5' 1" she still feels pretty impressive.

The next big trick is deciding on where to go from here. The third stage in the the printout group leaves even more to be desired than the second stage did as far as lack of detail and lack of instructions. I have the third stage stack from Apolonia's Apollo 8, but talk about a lack of instruction (unless you can read Japanese, anyway). Also concerned that the "style" difference from Greelt's work would look odd.
Attached Thumbnails
Greelt's (& company) Saturn V-img_3457.jpg   Greelt's (& company) Saturn V-img_3458.jpg   Greelt's (& company) Saturn V-img_3459.jpg   Greelt's (& company) Saturn V-img_3460.jpg   Greelt's (& company) Saturn V-img_3461.jpg  

Isaac Asimov

Last edited by Mechanic; 02-06-2018 at 08:00 PM.