View Single Post

Old 02-10-2018, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up Vendor participation

I stopped by at Marcos paper ( just south of Dayton ) and talked to the assistant manager there to see if they will join our paper convention May 11 weekend. I started by introduction to what paper modeling we do and pointed to our web site by showing it on my phone.

I left my contact information and hopfully will hear from them next week.

I think it would be a win-win situation as it will introduce their shop to visitors and participants, make some sales and for us to have another $50 to go toward the rental of the conference room.

Wills see.

I did notice that they have a very large selection of card paper of various sizes and qualities as well as cutting tools, pens, pencils, glues......

I also picked up sample card paper at 65 lbs Letter size and will compare it to my ever shrinking supply of Japanese A4 card at 160 gr. They said, they can cut card paper to any size including A4 . This is useful when printing kits that are designed on that paper format and often use the entire length and width which gets cut off in Letter size ( without re-scaling ).

They also have a working area for guests and there are short seminars given by folks on topics related to paper. Since none is of modeling, I may later on put on a presentation or a workshop to introduce new folks to our hobby.

Thanks John Wagenseil for the suggestion to meet them.

Here are some pics.
Dayton Paper Con 2018 May 11 to 13th-img_0692.jpgDayton Paper Con 2018 May 11 to 13th-img_0693.jpgDayton Paper Con 2018 May 11 to 13th-img_0691.jpg

Isaac