View Single Post

Old 02-11-2018, 03:50 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Choosing the kit...

Choosing the kit...

I wanted to find a Long Island Smock Mill but they are not common. I did find a rustic looking mill but the link was bad and I couldn't find it elsewhere.

pic 1

It would have been too large but the veins, or sails, were interesting and I thought to modify it.

Fiddler's Green had a nice version that would have been easy to modify, but it is not yet available, so I'll keep an eye out for when it is:

pic 2

They also had a simple one, round towered, which was too different and the graphics a bit too cartoonish for me & wouldn't satisfy the version I sought:

pic 3

The third one they had was actually a smock mill, though a bit too tall and more in line with later nineteenth century British-Colonial versions than I wanted.

pic 4

I settled upon this one, figuring to do a test build for a heavily modified one later or until I found the one I was really wanting.
Attached Thumbnails
Tilting At Windmills; With or without the smock...-17th-century-netherlands-windmill-paper-model.jpg   Tilting At Windmills; With or without the smock...-windmill-nantucket.jpg   Tilting At Windmills; With or without the smock...-grist-mill.jpg   Tilting At Windmills; With or without the smock...-cardmodel-smock-wind-mill.jpg