View Single Post

Old 02-11-2018, 04:34 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Exclamation Optional build choices

OPTIONAL!

Off Instructions work:

The next described steps are not required or suggested by the build. I'll make a point of noting where I divert to optional build techniques and later rate whether they were worth the effort.

My first alteration came with using colored pencils and permanent markers to touch up coloration issues to avoid what I saw as unsightly flaws. The pencils permitted better color mixing but were not always cooperative with the texture of the paper and ink. When those factors blocked the addition of color correction, I used the markers as lightly as I could. Markers have a tendency to bleed deeper and farther into the kit that wanted if you are not careful. Also, the markers were not as conducive to matching the color as the more varied pencils set. The process requires preplanning. I recommend lightly brushing with the marker top, not leaning into it like a pencil.

Of course I could have color-corrected with the computer but that wouldn't have handled the white-edge and flaking that occurs when cutting out the piece from the paper.

The touch ups were time consuming but worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Tilting At Windmills; With or without the smock...-beginning-touch-up.jpg   Tilting At Windmills; With or without the smock...-touched-up-color-sail.jpg