View Single Post

Old 02-11-2018, 11:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.12 MB
Thank you Space X!

(Rant on) I am old enough to remember the Apollo program and Walter Cronkite with his plastic models he used to describe the different maneuvers NASA was doing. I can also remember my slowly decaying enthusiasm as year after year NASA would scale back and scale back and scale back and scale back... sigh. I can also remember a time when I thought Space Odessy and Space 1999 would come true. Sigh.....

I live in Central Florida and get to see most launches from the Cape from my bedroom window. At least after about T +15 seconds. I have watched most shuttle launches and many Boeing launches from my home. My great disappointment was watching the end of the shuttle launch era. Such high hopes for the Shuttle at the beginning. Sigh... (Rant over)

However it was an unmitigated joy to watch SpaceX launch Falcon Heavy into space! Who else but an American would launch a sports car into space for Pete's sake!

Anyway, all that to say, I have decided after years out of the modeling hobby that I know what I will start building again. Space vehicles and launch equipment and capsules etc. Sorry no Dodo birds. Now a question for you'all...Where to start? I have experience with model building (plastic) and can work a pretty complicated model with care and time. However no experience with paper. The free models I have seen online are all over the place as far as seeming quality parts and of instruction especially. I would prefer purchasing a download pattern as opposed to a whole kit. (or free). And would like something moderately detailed. Not looking for a one page toy.

Thanks ahead of time. Probably to much information. Its late. I'm tired. No coffee...sigh.