View Single Post

Old 02-12-2018, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Revell MQ-9 Reaper

During my hiatus from paper, I began work on my 1/48th scale MQ-9 Reaper from Revell. The kit is typical in that it needed some work here and there, but some work certainly isn't enough for me ... oooohhh no.

Keeping with a running theme of showing UAVs in-flight, I retracted the Reaper's landing gear which took considerable cutting and trimming. I scavenged a motor from a crashed toy quad-copter and used epoxy putting to secure it in place. And then spent far too much time worrying about how to wire it. DC electronics should be easier, right? Next, I got some aftermarket ordinance ... screwed that up ... and kit bashed whatever I had left :P.

Anyhow, I could continue to make small corrections here and there when the mood strikes, but till that time comes ... here's my kit. Oh and a link to the prop in action.

https://youtu.be/uKOye_xUkZw
Attached Thumbnails
Revell MQ-9 Reaper-01.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-02.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-03.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-04.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-05.jpg  

Revell MQ-9 Reaper-06.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-07.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-08.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-09.jpg   Revell MQ-9 Reaper-10.jpg