View Single Post

Old 02-12-2018, 09:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckychestney View Post
Back to the modeling, I recommend your first step should be deciding on a scale to use. Bigger IS easier when it comes to card modeling but a 1:48 Saturn V is about 7 1/2 feet tall. Conversely a 1:96 Goddard Rocket is going to be difficult to roll if the paper is much thicker than 20lb.
I like 1/48ish scales. I like the detail. So I would like the more fiddley parts of the rockets. Like the lunar lander, or the command module interior, or the engines, or the crawler gear, or the gantry systems, or the viking space probe. Stuff more easily modeled in detail scales. I don't think I would be as interested as modeling a little white tube on top of a big white tube with a pointy tube on top. (yes, I know that the outsides are far more interesting than that, but I hope you get my jest.)

I found this #041 「Apollo13 LM-7 Aquarius」ペーパークラフト: uhu02 ペーパークラフト on this forum somewhere. I am now hyperventilating, but I think with enough time and patience, I can do this. My tendency is toward the more complicated builds. Let the snickering begin. Thanks anyway for your answer. I look forward to sharing my build attempt.