Thread: Space Memories
View Single Post

Old 02-13-2018, 07:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
Yes I was so glad KSC finally restored the Saturn V, and I agree that introduction is very well presented. Did you see the (never to fly) Apollo 18 LEM hanging above the dining area? If you ever get to Huntsville, they've cleaned up their Saturn V too. So of the three remaining Saturn V rockets, I've seen two of them (I've got to get to Houston sometime).

My mother said I was sitting in the living room floor as a baby watching Neil and Buzz walk on the moon. I do remember Shepard "playing golf", ASTP and Skylab. And of course, I hope everyone my age remembers the Enterprise rolling out for her the big Orbiter reveal.

I'll freely admit that I'm a romantic when it comes to spaceflight and (hopefully) future space travel. My heart soars when they get it right: SpaceX first ever booster landing, first landing on the droneship, Discovery as she made the Shuttle fleet's "Return to Flight" (twice). Hubble! Hubble Deep Field (1 and 2), Phoenix lander, the Mars rovers (all of them), ISS under construction (and every time it flies overhead and I can see it). And I'm saddened when it goes wrong: I saw on replay Challanger, I watched live as Columbia died, read about Apollo 1, and the Nedelen Disaster.

Both lists go on and on, but I can hope that mankind will continue the search for knowledge, among our celestial neighbors and eventually maybe beyond.