View Single Post

Old 03-16-2018, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
Olkiluto III

Good evening Ricardo and hello to all of you,

I'm very glad to see that Ricardo took the opportunity to assemble this cardmodel designed by me in 2004 - and I'm also happy to see this in his skilful hands.
THANK YOU Ricardo!!!

To answer some of the questions:
• the LaserCut add-on never left the prototype stage due to some very complex circumstances. After more than 14 years I think it is not necessary to explain them ... :-)
• the model is no longer available commercially; Areva in Erlangen gave notice in 2016 that the model was sold out completely. Personally I've got a handfuf copies left for reference purposes.

BUT having sold 5,000 copies of this model means also that 5,000 DVDs were sold too - and this DVD contains both versions of the model, the 1/350 and the 1/800 ... as PDFs layed out on A4 an Letter formats

The model Olkiluoto III may be recognized as a certain kind of successor of the first nuclear power plant cardmodel; a PWR 1,300 Megawatt "Konvoy" erected by Siemens/KWU in the late 1970ties early 1980ties on several locations in Germany - I designed this model in 1983 in the traditonal way using drawing board, rulers, triangles, compasses and ink pens ...
The enclosed picture shows the assembled 1983 card model PWR 1,300 Megawatt »Konvoy« ... This 1/350 1983 model is - by the way - available as a download from one of my websites: download-mitgliedermodelle

Ricardo, keep on the good work ...

Cheers
Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Olkiluoto 3 Power Plant - MTP - 1/350-kkw-dwr-komplett.jpg  

Last edited by Thomas Pleiner; 03-16-2018 at 05:42 PM.