View Single Post

Old 03-17-2018, 03:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
F-15A Eagle first attempt

I have finally decided it's time to step up my paper model game and try a more challenging build. Every time I see a plane or helicopter I am in awe. I am astonished how these shapes can be made out of paper and I now want to try one myself.

I have this folder on my hard drive called "tomcat" where I have downloaded a paper model sometime in the past. After looking at the instructions I found that I made a mistake as it is not the F-14 "tomcat" but rather the F-15 eagle by our friend YOAVHOZMI

I probably confused the plane with the F-14 featured in a movie I loved as a child "The final Countdown". I do like the shape and visual design of both the F-14 and F-15. It was the first time I saw an aircraft carrier in this movie and I was utterly impressed back then.

So let's get started. I have begun this journey - as per the instructions - with the exhaust tubes. Something new I learnt is to apply super glue to stiffen the outer edge. They went together without major problems. The only thing that required a little work was to fine tune the former discs so they fit the tubes.

It's a small first step I have mounted the inner rib structure to cardstock and am waiting for the glue to dry.

When looking at the instructions I notice that the plane is in flight mode, without landing gear. Now I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as how to make a display stand (in case I do succeed with the full model!).

Cheers,
Chris