View Single Post

Old 03-18-2018, 01:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Haha, elliott. I will try not to feel pressured now My skills are tested on more or less straight lines and flat surfaces. This is a whole new level. So I am hoping for a "level up"

It does feel like an adventure for me Don. I am excited like a little kid, as I have been dreaming about this for quite a while. The F-16 thread reminded me of this model hibernating on my hard drive and ignited my desire again. I am sure I will learn a lot and even if the first attempt will not be satisfying I will make another. All the models I design I build (sometimes very) often until I am happy with the result.

Yoav, that is good to know there is a Plan B for me I do hope though I will be able to achieve this on my own. I can imagine so many other things I could create with this method!

So here is my "rib cage" I have been working on. I did not have 1mm cardboard so I glued the printed parts page onto two layers of 300gsm paper which is apx 0,5mm thick each resulting in the desired 1mm. Somehow I was always turned off when I saw these structures on thick cardstock but I was surprised how easy I was able to cut them. When I am done with planes I can now even try some cool ships later!

Yoav, about the next back support plate: It says to laminate on cereal cardboard and not 1mm. As I do not have cereal cardboard, I wanted to check with you. I have printed it on 160gsm paper which is apx 0,25mm thick. Should I glue it on another 160gsm or is single layer OK then?

Cheers,
Chris