View Single Post

Old 03-19-2018, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
--------------------------------------------
Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mk II

Okay, so I was never much of a fan of the original BSG...80s TV was not my cup of tea.
But I didn't hate everything.
For example, in BSG, I really did like the spacecraft designs.
And the Cylons themselves were very cool...in a "man in a robot suit" kind of way.

I really fell in love with the remake...or is it a sequel?... to BSG, made 30 years later.
Some of the most amazing visual stuff I have seen on TV.

I really loved the new craft designs, but the show also paid homage to the older craft by including them in various ways.
When it came time to create a paper Viper, I wasn't sure about whether to model the Mark 1, 2 or 3 design.
I settled on the Mark 2 for a couple of reasons.
Its a throwback to the original mark 1 styling, but its a little more refined and less clunky looking.
Its also the simpler shape to model as a paper miniature.

As usual, my Koolwheelz models are more simplicity and stylized design,
so please don't cry for scale or technical accuracy.
It looks like a Viper...and thats close enough for me.

I have scaled the model to just about the same scale as my Star Trek Galileo Shuttlecraft.
But fitting all the parts onto the model sheet was a more important consideration, so please don't expect an accurate comparison.
From one online source, I learned that a Viper spaceraft was about 27 feet long.
From that you should be able to calculate a scale number after you print and build the model.

I've created an Assembly Sheet for this also.
Look in the Assembly Diagrams section at cutandfold-papermodelforum.com.

Find the model in the Star Carz section of the Koolwheelz Collection (at Dave's Card Creations).
*I'm thinking the Star Carz page is getting too long... I might have to create a separate page for Sci-Fi models?