View Single Post

Old 03-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
OK – this session covers the rear legs – this also turned out to be an interesting build!

Photo 1 – The parts for the rear legs.

Again, similar to the forelegs legs, just looking at the parts initially I was unclear as to where some of the tabs may go. However, same process – shape and stick what is clear. In this case the centre part and one end.

Photo 2 – The right-hand part glued as per the above.

Photo 3 – The remainder of the attachment points then become clear – the key for carrying on here is to glue the two parts marked with an “X” together to shape the “upper thigh”. After gluing this, the assembly is straightforward.

I then encountered an interesting problem.

As I completed the one leg, it became apparent that a triangular gap was developing, with there being no way to close or prevent it. And no, I had not cut something out in error!

I was also able to confirm the parts were correctly aligned – via the tab and alignment of the individual dinosaur scales. I am also sure it is not a kit error, so it can only have resulted from the way I shaped the leg? Don’t know really!

Photo 5
– This shows the triangular gap. Notice the scales are aligned! It was however easily fixed – quite simply I glued some paper on the inside as can be seen in this photo.

Photo 6 – This shows the leg after I quickly touched up the white triangle with some water colours, and the water colour pencil. Not really visible anymore........

Photo 7 – The two legs finished. They remind me strongly of chicken drumsticks, and are the same size!

Now to stuff them a bit with toilet paper again, and then the next stage will be to attach the legs to the body halves.
Attached Thumbnails
Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d11.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d12.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d14.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d15.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d16.jpg  

Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d17.jpg   Microceratops/Microceratus - Johan Scherft-d18.jpg