View Single Post

Old 03-22-2018, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Thanks for the kind words Don. I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks at Army Heritage Days. I'll have this model with me for you to look at up close and in person.

Wayne, you raise a good question, but to be honest, I really have no idea what's right. I was always under the impression that the different symbols indicate the thickness of the material to be used for laminating rather than the total caliper of the finished part after being laminated. With that being the case, I suppose it could make a difference in some cases on the overall quality of the fit. When I first started building card models I was overly concerned with this but today not so much, Now I tend to use what ever heavier card stock that just "feels" right. Maybe someone else out there can shed more light on this subject.

Now another quick update...Building the tires and mounting them to the rim.

As you can see in the pictures below I cut out all the parts without any issues. The side walls fit over the rim rather well, just some minor fitting required but no big deal. When applying the pieces that wrap around the outside to form the tires "tread" the "good fit" quickly comes to an end. Turns out that these strips are about a half inch too short. Luckily I did not trim them to length when I cut them out so I was able to wrap them the whole way around without and gaps.

That's all I have for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0080.jpg   Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0081.jpg   Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0082.jpg   Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0083.jpg   Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0084.jpg  

Modelik 8/00 1926 Mack Bulldog Tank Truck-pict0085.jpg