View Single Post

Old 03-23-2018, 04:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
As I thought the working week left little time for play, but today I found an hour to continue.

On monday I thought I could continue but experienced a little crash landing so to speak. I glued on the first hull ring and it all look fine and dandy, but when I added the second ring I noticed that I had lots of room on one side and could barely wrap it round the rib cage on the other side. So who thought one should watch out for alignment along the long axis?!?

I quickly and successfully was able to tear the hull off again, leaving me with this ugly sight!

Today I printed out new hull pages and tried again. One thing I changed in my approach was that I did not close the hull rings first but I started gluing on the hull segment on the bottom flat area and making sure the alignment was as perfect as I could get it. I then - step by step around the rib cage - glued on the next areas until the ring was closed.

This time the second hull part went on much better. I still had one moment where I saw some warping and found that I did not glue onto one concave edge very well, so I carefully cut that segment loose again and re-glued it. I do wonder if this process can be done by first gluing all the main hull parts together and then wrap glue them like this? That way the alignment should be even better to achieve. Maybe some experienced builders can weigh in on this idea?

Now I got the first two segments done and it looks much better I am still learning and it's far from perfect when I look at it close, but I am still in the learning process.

Bottom view

Top view

I get excited when I imagine the size of it finished! I do hope I will find some more time over the weekend to go on!