View Single Post

Old 03-23-2018, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Next step, vacuum forming of the canopy. For the first time in my modeller life, I have got an acceptable canopy at first attempt. Along with the “old fashion” template (or vacuum box) I use a hot air gun and the vacuum box is connected to a vacuum cleaner (operated by my wife when she is given the “Go”). Pasting the frame parts on the canopy has been fairly easy, which demonstrates these parts have been perfectly designed by Yoav. Usually the parts of the frame do not match so well (too long, too short, too wide, too narrow …). Installing the canopy on the fuselage has been a piece of cake using neopren glue.

I have found out on a Website an image of the real Zoulou-Juliet of the 12e Escadre. One can notice small differences regarding the color of the canopy frame and of the fuselage bump. The model shows them in light grey, whereas on the real plane they are “olive drab”. Possibly the model shows
ZF after a maintenance or replacement of the canopy, before the frame is repainted … a guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-0018.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-0019.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-0023.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-0024.jpg   Yoav/Yaron SM B-2 in French livery-smb2_1974_12-zj-mc.jpg