View Single Post

Old 04-09-2018, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
1/100 Boeing Stearman N2S

Extremely happy with how this one turned out. I think I'm getting into the 'groove' with my builds- you know the usual stuff about ''what do I do here'' or ''how thick should this bit be''- the things that experienced builders deal with naturally and tend to take for granted.

Don't know who the designer is of this one. My son (not a paper modeller) stumbled across it a while back and sent it to me. I think the original scale was about 1/36. It's not Fiddlers Green so does anyone recognize it? I hope there's other versions- it scales down nicely and goes together like a dream.

The original has cockpit detail and the frames for clear windshields, but I 'went the Bruno' and blacked over the openings and painted blue 'glass' between the frames. At this point I'm happy to leave the full cockpit 1/100 jobs to the masochists. The rigging is just the important ones- model biplanes HAVE to some rigging, they simply don't look right without it. I used my usual stuff- pre-painted silk unravelled from screen-printing offcuts.

Anyway, hope you like.

Regards, Garry G.
Attached Thumbnails
1/100 Boeing Stearman N2S-img_8069.jpg   1/100 Boeing Stearman N2S-img_8070.jpg   1/100 Boeing Stearman N2S-img_8071.jpg   1/100 Boeing Stearman N2S-img_8072.jpg   1/100 Boeing Stearman N2S-img_8073.jpg  

1/100 Boeing Stearman N2S-img_8074.jpg