View Single Post

Old 04-13-2018, 01:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,
but one do not have to break a butterfly on a wheel,

and following a hint in our German Raumcon Forum, I looked in my Dremel accessories and also found a Nylon Rotor Brush and a Nylon Brush, which I have immediately tested at medium speed.

In addition to the disadvantage of the many fine grooves, the Intertank has the advantage that it has no protruding small details that can easily break off when brushing, and also it is quite robust.

That's why I was able to ride across the grooves relatively easily and smoothly with the rotor brush, whereby it was already visible to the naked eye how the white wax residues gradually disappeared and the grooves slowly became clean, which pleasantly surprised me.

While cleaning in the area of the Stringer Panel is relatively easy due to the continuous grooves,

one has to do one's best in the subdivided areas of the Thrust Panel.

Under the big magnifying glass, one can see more clearly the differences between areas with wax residue and already cleaned areas.

And furthermore one can still see that in the two outer areas of the Thrust Panel on the right edge with the little "pockets" still sits a lot of wax, because they are worse reachable with the Rotor brush, which is why I there will try the Nylon brush that will probably get in better there.

To be able to see such differences in detail even better, I always apply the following trick.

To do this, I paste the photo into a Word document, then I increase the magnification, as shown here e.g. up to 300%, and take a screenshot, which I then upload.

This closeness can no longer be captured by the autofocus of my digicam. This is the maximum possible closeness, if the image is still to become halfway sharp.

And here I've tested the Nylon brush, and I have to say that does not look too bad.

The cleaned area stands out clearly from the rest of the area, whereby one must consider that this IT was already 1 h in the ultrasonic bath.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)