View Single Post

Old 04-13-2018, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@ YOAV - you put a very good question On average, I prefer simple wing structures like those on many GPM kits. Sometimes, they are a bit too simple and I end up adding some parts. It was the case on the F-104: for my taste, there was too much structure on the fuselage and not enough on the wings. On Halinski kits, there is no lack of structure in the wings and tail surfaces. In the fuselage, it depends. Maybe less could be ok but I rarely get the feeling that some part would be better on another plane. Erik put it precisely: Halinski makes the skin parts to adjust very tightly to the structure and the complex structure does help you to get the correct shape for the primary assemblies. This is most important to ensure that secondary assemblies fit well on primary ones.
In the F-16 you are building, the fin structure can almost be discarded. Nothing is going to glue there. So, if the shape is not exactly the intended one, it will be barely noticeable and have no further consequences. Now, consider how complex is the shape where thick wings mate the fuselage. See the Ki-43, for example. A less precise shape would mean hell!...

@ Falco - the construction pictures are part of the game

@ Glen - thanks

@ Erik - Maybe it be made mobile. On Halinski kits, I glue everything. On some Flymodel kits (Tigercat, just to name one) many parts are designed to be movable, at some expense to accuracy. Hard choice, as I like both approaches!

With today’s pictures, I conclude the tail section. The peculiar fuselage cross section is already apparent. Regarding the skin parts, I’m not convinced that so many parts were needed…
Attached Thumbnails
Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c069.jpg   Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c070.jpg   Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c071.jpg   Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c072.jpg   Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c073.jpg  

Me 262A-1 / Halinski / 1:33-me-262-c074.jpg