View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Great start, sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
Mean an' moody lighting. Also, loving the DIY plotter.
Thanks!!! It's another few steps to output svg files, then make the gcode files, but I'll never run out of ink as long as there is a pen around A 50 cent ink pen is much better to buy than a 26 dollar ink cartridge Even the 4 color click pen was 2 for 2 dollars.

This weekend, I used the "stuff-it" method that I learned right here on this forum, of filling the parts with toilet paper to give strength and help keep parts from collapsing. Only instead of toilet paper I used old plastic shopping bags. Toilet paper is too useful in other places to use as stuffing in my models Besides, the bags are free...

You can see here the legs and neck holes, stuffed in pretty tight. I had to cut a flap into the stomach area to add the filler, the sealed it back up. Also I decided to use aluminum foil to give strength to the ankles, as the model is significantly heavier stuffed than not. I was afraid the ankles might buckle under the extra weight.

There are also pictures of the flattened boot parts, as well as the two finished boots. I actually didn't have any more foil so i decided to quit for the night.
Attached Thumbnails
Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-leg1.jpg   Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-leg2.jpg   Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-neck.jpg   Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-shoe.jpg   Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-shoe1.jpg  

Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-shoe2.jpg   Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-shoe3.jpg   Clint Eastwood  The(Good Bad+Ugly)-stomachstuff.jpg