View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
I think I should apologize for joining this ... discussion. I had trouble getting the password for the Connie. Since much of the E-mail we receive is undesired, when I do not recognize a sender, I look at subject. Since I did not recognize your name and you had no subject, it was deleted quickly. After sharing E-mail I now have your Connie in my collection waiting for a runway on a train layout.

Currently I am involved with trying to build model railroad layouts. Much of my time is consumed by setting up the tables, building the scenery, building kits for engines, rolling stock and structures. When my Dad was building his my interest was drawn toward aircraft, but I could not find a way to blend pl...ic kits into the trains. Years later when I discovered paper model and computer printing, I was thrilled with the option of changing the scale to fit together.

With model railroading we also have a concern about getting young people involved. At one time television seemed to be consuming most people's time, today seems to be the computer. It seem that Labor Saving Devices (LSD) are consuming many people. Some are using the computer create things worth sharing, but others abuse the tool.

I admire models that are free downloads because they are within my price range. When I find a young (or older) person interested in paper models, I offer to provide a printed model close to their desire (yes, I try to corrupt young people).

I generally do not share photo's of the things I build, mostly I do not think they are worthy. I have shown my models where I have space to defend them and challenge others to build something. For laughs, I tried to attach a photo of a paper mine building on my N gauge layout.

I thank you (all of you) for providing beautiful models and guidance to build them.

Bob Neill
Attached Thumbnails
4 more and I'm finished-img_0072.jpg