View Single Post

Old 04-23-2018, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I'm going to jump on the "whatever floats your boat" bandwagon on this one. I am a modeler, I'm in it for the end result, however I get there. I got into paper modeling as a way to build models without having to pay the ridiculous costs of some of the plastic kits out there and fell in love with so many aspects of this medium.

I love the versatility of paper, the way it can be used to add detail, scratch build extra parts, re-do parts you got wrong but there's a learning curve, as there also is in plastic. Don't ever be afraid to try new things, new techniques, but also don't be afraid to mix your materials for the sake of the end result. I have the utmost respect for people who can do everything in paper, but there is no need to restrict yourself to a single modeling media, simply because a select few purists say you have to.

Using other media to complete your models isn't "cheating", however, as has already been mentioned, you need to be upfront and honest about your usage of extra materials if entering your model in a competition or posting on a forum such as this one, etc.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000