View Single Post

Old 04-25-2018, 12:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Return to the gondola

Time for another update. Progress is slow at the moment.

Glen, the type of acetate glue I use is UHU or Bison. They both can be obtained in flasks, and especially the UHU one is useful with its "twisted cap".

The rear end of the gondola underneath the cockpit can be opened and swung downwards to allow the crew of four entering their spacious office. This section contains two machine guns and during flight one of the gunners was lying comfortably in his bath tub shooting down other birds, only protected by a semi circle of armored plating. The last picture shows how this looked like when you view from the cockpit down into the tub.

The parts that make up this section are small and the shape of the rear end is not particularly symmetrical. The machine guns were fun to make, actually and I was surprised that the gun barrels, which are simply made of rolled thin paper are in fact very strong.

The gun pedestal is made of 0.5mm thick plastic rod. I could have made the gun sights of thin wire but decided in the end to stick to the original paper version. Herewith my cutting technique for very small circles - using the sharp tip of a hobby knife and making small cuts one at the time until the circle is fully loose.

Altogether a delicate section of the model. It will only be installed after full assembly of the model to prevent any damage. So for the time being mothballed in a box and safeguarded from paper eating bugs and dust...

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7211.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7212.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7219.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7235.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7236.jpg  

Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7237.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7210.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7238.jpg   Halinski 1:33 Ju 88D-1-img_7239.jpg