View Single Post

Old 04-27-2018, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperLab View Post
Gorilla glue is not good for type of paper we are working with. I would advise against it.

With Elmers when they suggest applying to both surfaces, take it seriously. One side will work too but with passing time you might experience separations. I'm a bit paranoid so even when applying adhesive to both sides, after it cures, I like a drop or two of cyanoacrylate but only to those tab sections that won't be visible after model is completed.

I've heard that in Germany everybody is using Kittifix but I have no idea what kind of glue this is. UHU All Purpose Adhesive is also a decent type except on larger surfaces and when assembling hull sections it might produce deformations so cautious approach is advised...
I thought Gorrilla might be a brad, with different types available, maybe not.

I like Formula 560 Canopy PVA becasue it's strong, dries clear and can be re-dissolved if you make a mistake, and can also be diluted with water to brush along joints. Downside is the warping.

I spoke to HMV at a show at Telford one year, and they recommended UHU, but there's no way I could ever use it for precision work like this - far too stringy and hopeless for detail parts. maybe they meant use it for tabbed parts? I guess it gives some working time before it sets?