Thread: Tumbler
View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 470.61 MB
Quick & Easy Deboss Tute

In case I was unclear about the last description of my debossing process, I threw this together and took some shots.

I do this after I score, cut, fold, edge color and any other finishing method. The point is to do this last, just before gluing and assembling the piece, thereby best maintaining your impression (less handling).

Trace your shape onto the backside of your piece with some carbon paper. I use my finest point burnisher for this.

With some low-tack painters tape, tape the template to the back of your piece, lining up your template with the carbon-transfered drawing.

Turn it over and burnish, starting with your largest burnishing tip, finishing with your smallest. If you want less detail, use less pressure and omit the smaller tip(s) burnishing. I want the whole area depressed so I burnish the entire area, not just the perimeter.

Carefully peel off the tape and you’re done.

Do this same process on the other side for embossing details (see pic 262 7).

You can reinforce your impression by filling-in/coating with CA. The inset panel serves as the filler here.

Hope this helps someone. -J
Attached Thumbnails
Tumbler-tmblr-67.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-68.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-69.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-70.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-71.jpg  

Tumbler-tmblr-72.jpg   Tumbler-262-7.jpg  

Last edited by skyman00; 05-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.