Thread: Tumbler
View Single Post

Old 05-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 470.61 MB
More progress

Another mod I forgot to mention was in pics 13 & 14. I placed two backing panels behind the rear wall and the 4 tanks. I cut out the tank outlines in the rear wall so that the tanks were recessed in their positions. I don’t have any pics of them from the inside. From the outside, you can see the embossed perimeter of them in pics 23, 24 & 27.

Pic 73 shows all the pieces that make the foremost armor plated wheel arm fairing along with a finished one.

One mod I did on these is I extended the width on the top LE edge to match the real car. See N1 for a shot of this area on the original model with my notation. This took up some of the visual space that the omitted part (12-19) occupied and made the panel lines flow better from the rear fairings to the forward ones. I then beveled the LEs of the fronts to match the rears, as is on the real thing. They are also modded with debossing on the lower sides, where the three buttons are.

74-76 show both sets of the fairings completed. The rest of the pics show them installed. -J
Attached Thumbnails
Tumbler-tmblr-73.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-n1.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-74.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-75.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-76.jpg  

Tumbler-tmblr-77.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-78.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-79.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-80.jpg   Tumbler-tmblr-81.jpg