View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 08:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Build progressing slowly. The nose section is mostly done, there is quite a bit of interior details still to come so I can't close this section just yet. The fit has been satisfactory and almost satisfying, up to now.

The next section though, is going to be difficult. The part is waaaay too big, and even if it is trimmed to fit, dark area reserved for the canopy is still too wide and will be very ugly when it bleeds from the actual canopy.

In Issac's build, this issue was fixed by covering the offending area with a replacement piece of skin. I don't believe my ability to match colours are up to standard so I decided to carry out paper surgery instead, and attempt to eat up the fitting issues at the panel lines.

Also arriving from post was a few dozen of permanent magnets. It is part of the system I plan to use for the detachable engine cover. Two sets are already installed on the fuselage as can be seen in the photo
Attached Thumbnails
Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-111.jpg   Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-20180511_203833.jpg   Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-20180514_181916.jpg