View Single Post

Old 05-17-2018, 02:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.87 MB
MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250

Good morning, Gentlemen!
Don Boose asked for my further projects after (near) completion of the COVE ISLE, so here we are: it´s another build of the MV WEDEL, a sounding and survey vessel of the Hamburg Waterway and Shipping Authority (WSA), based at the buoy depot in Wedel near Hamburg. The WEDEL is used along the river Elbe between Hamburg and its mouth at Cuxhaven plus along the Kiel Canal. She was specially built for this purpose by Fassmer shipyard and is equipped with a wide set of different sonars, GPS, further sensors, that I couldn´t name or describe even in German and a crew of three, for which she helds "emergency-accomodations", as she is supposed to return to port for the night. With 24 m length she is tagged "seagoing", though, as a half-sister of her prooves, the MV BALTIC, stationed in Stralsund and serving the Baltic coast between the Polish Border and Lübeck.
Both are, especially for working vessels, pretty, and both are offered as free download at papershipwright.co.uk. David Hathaway did a fantastic job with them; they´re a treat to build, as I already did once "quick and dirty", when the model was released. This time she will be properly "pimped" with selfmade lasercut parts and the interior of the bridge, that Chris, a member of "kartonbau.de" drew and offered there for download.
I changed the kit at some places to add a stepway from the working deck to the bridge and erased by the way some lines, where superstructure and other elements are painted plainly white, which (to my mind) gives her a more "realistic" touch.
Attached Thumbnails
MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-38.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-39.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-40.jpg