View Single Post

Old 05-25-2018, 05:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Thanks, Elliott and Don. I think someone with better planning and foresight would do much better than this, but hell I am never repeating this build. I have built Maly kits from the 60's (quite enjoyable), yellow covered GPMs (still manageable), Halinski kits from '92 (historical accuracy aside, fits perfectly well), but so far this one is in a realm of its own... I wonder if all kits from Supermodel are like this.

I am not feeling like detailing the centre section yet, so instead decided to work from tail backwards. Finally an area that doesn't require much modification! It is important to take Issac's words seriously, as he emphasised that the tail fins are at a wrong angle on the fuselage. Thus the tail part was split in two to fix this, and also to help access the petal structure (what would have been my bane, but right now was the least of my worries) I added on the end.

Then I started to not take his words (do NOT wet fold) seriously, and tried to wet-fold. The kit was waiting for this exact moment and the print came off immediately! A patch was added to conceal the resulting wound, I hope people would not notice...

A mild fit problem exist between the two tail sections and required trimming, but in general this part was trouble free. It will be a while before this is attached to the fuselage, but in the meantime I can work on the tail fins.
Attached Thumbnails
Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-20180525_181428.jpg   Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-20180525_181504.jpg   Me P.1101 (Supermodel)-20180525_181515.jpg