View Single Post

Old 06-05-2018, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 101.41 MB
Thanks for your comments. One reason why I kept mum until now was that I wasn't completely confident this would happen, and then all kinds of last-second snafus delayed me. (And of course, we ARE a Conspiracy!) ;-)

Even though I had the case dimensions, it was difficult to visualize how it would all come together beforehand. That's why it took seven hours on Saturday, and an additional hour on Sunday adding stuff I forgot! And there's things I learned only by hands-on experience -- since the case interiors are illuminated from above, wide bases should be avoided on the top shelves, or the items directly below will be blocked from the light filtering through the glass shelves. But of course the rockets needed bases to stand erect, so...

And there's WAY too much text, which had to be in a font large enough so people can read from at least two feet away (the cases are already a foot deep). That's why I lost so much space for the model kits mentioned above. I was even thinking of superimposing some signs over a Wilhelmshaven sheet, but that looked too cluttered.

Casual viewers will probably just glance at blocks of text, but people tend to follow cartoons. That's why I had some characters directly "speaking" to the audience with word balloons, or engaged in conversations with other models. Hopefully that will keep folks interested.

David T. Okamura